The Good Stuff
Case Study: Austin FC Creates Fan-Focused Wireless Experiences at Q2 Stadium
- Case Study
- 3 min read
AUSTIN FC AND Q2 STADIUM | AUSTIN, TX
Home of Major League Soccer’s (MLS) Austin FC, Q2 Stadium is one of the most tech-forward, modern and ecofriendly sports and entertainment venues in North America. In addition to Austin FC, this 20,500-seat multipurpose, open-air stadium hosts a variety of other sporting events, concerts, and cultural and community activities annually.
Prioritizing hospitality and a connected fan experience was important to Austin FC. Reliable cellular and Wi-Fi service were required to meet those needs.
- High-capacity network coverage facility-wide, including suites, club sections, and the field
- High speed, free Wi-Fi connectivity
- Seamless and secure network
Boingo designed, installed and manages a converged network that combines a distributed antenna system (DAS) and Wi-Fi 6 solutions to support an immersive fan experience. The addition of Passpoint technology makes Wi-Fi connectivity seamless and secure.
- Increased neutral host network capacity for data and voice mobile users
- Secure handoff between cellular and Wi-Fi networks via Passpoint. Passpoint is a Next Generation Hotspot (NGH) technology that automatically connects fans to Wi-Fi with no log-in or passwords required
- Fast, free Wi-Fi
- 24/7 network monitoring and customer care with on-demand data and analytics
Boingo’s DAS and Wi-Fi solutions support mobile ticketing and concessions while helping to bring sports action from the field to fans’ devices.
Learn how Boingo’s solutions keep fans connected in your sports and entertainment venue by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.