The Good Stuff
Case Study: Chicago O’Hare International Airport Powers Touchless Passenger Experiences with Boingo
- Case Study
- 2 min read
CHICAGO O’HARE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT | CHICAGO, IL
Located within the Chicago city limits, Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) resides on over 7,200 acres, houses almost 200 gates, and has concessions across over 180,000 square feet.
ORD required reliable wireless networks to solve the complex connectivity challenges highlighted by the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the continued need to improve operations and enhance communications among staff, tenants and passengers.
- Premium connectivity for live video kiosks for virtual customer service
- Wireless technology for IoT devices for essential airport services
- Strong and reliable public wireless networking
Boingo designed a network that combines neutral host distributed antenna system (DAS) and Wi-Fi to improve and simplify airport operations at every step of the passenger journey.
- Strong mobile coverage with 5G, private network using CBRS, and Wi-Fi
- DAS coverage and tenant Wi-Fi
- Passpoint for seamless and secure passenger connectivity
- Boingo Media advertising
- 24/7 network monitoring and customer care with on-demand data and analytics
ORD is one of the busiest transportation hubs in the world. Boingo’s converged network solution helps it enable a seamless and secure wireless passenger experience while streamlining airport operations.
Learn how Boingo’s airports solutions support transportation hubs in the 5G era by contacting email@example.com.