The Good Stuff
Case Study: Heathrow Airport Improves the Passenger Experience with Boingo Wi-Fi
- Case Study
- 3 min read
HEATHROW AIRPORT | LONDON, ENGLAND
Heathrow Airport (LHR), the largest and one of the busiest airports in Europe, is the UK’s global gateway. Located in London, LHR services more than 80 airlines and is Britain’s largest cargo port. More than 80 million passengers travel through LHR annually.
Wireless connectivity is imperative to today’s airport experience. From using mobile boarding passes and airline apps to streaming entertainment and working between flights, passengers’ mobile devices are fundamental. LHR desired a reliable network to support this demand, requiring:
- Seamless and secure Wi-Fi network
- High network capacity to accommodate passenger volume and increased data demands
- Fast Wi-Fi that’s easy to connect to
Boingo designed a next generation wireless network that combines Wi-Fi and Passpoint technology to deliver reliability, security and capacity needs.
- Passpoint, a Next Generation Hotspot (NGH) technology, connects travelers to Wi-Fi automatically with no log-in or passwords required
- Passpoint’s end-to-end authentication protocols filter out unauthorized users and mobile devices, and protect authenticated mobile devices from connecting to potentially unsafe hotspots
- Fast, premium Wi-Fi with up to 100 Mbps speeds
- 24/7 network monitoring and customer care with on-demand data and analytics
LHR is ranked by passengers as the “Best Airport in Western Europe.” Its advanced Wi-Fi network with Passpoint technology facilitates next generation connectivity, allowing travelers to seamlessly roam between Wi-Fi and cellular while on the go.
Learn how Boingo’s airport solutions support transportation hubs in the 5G era by contacting email@example.com.